Updated: May 5
Front entrance to Inspired Living at Royal Palm Beach in the Cypress Key development.
Photo by Kristina Webb / Palms West Journal.
An aging population, advances in technology, changing societal expectations and a greater focus on person-centered care have driven the evolution of assisted living. Inspired Living in Royal Palm Beach has been at the forefront of these changes.
Palm Beach County has a particular need for assisted living because 22% of its residents are over the age of 65, 33% higher than the national average.
Inspired Living recently celebrated its second anniversary in Royal Palm Beach with a Vegas-style casino night. The two-story, 106,000-square-foot facility on Southern Boulevard in the Cypress Key development has 104 units: 72 for assisted living and 32 for memory care.
Social area for residents to gather and have social events.
Photo by Inspired Living.
On May 26, Inspired Living is honoring veterans and emergency responders with a heroes buffet breakfast.
“Guests are welcome to eat at the community or pack a take-and go to enjoy later on at work,” says Christy Zillmer, Lifestyle Advisor at Inspired Living. She says the food will be typical breakfast food. "We'll have a variety offered -eggs, bacon, pastries, bagels, coffee/tea and juices."
Outdoor area with shuffle board, fire pit and lounging area.
Photo by Inspire Living.
Zillmer says living at Inspired Living at Royal Palm Beach includes the following advantages:
• Integration of smart technology. Inspired Living has incorporated advanced technologies to improve the quality of life and care for residents. Examples include remote monitoring systems, smart home automation, wearable devices for health monitoring and telehealth services to connect residents with care providers.
• Person-centered care. Inspired Living has adopted a person-centered approach, in which individual needs, preferences and values are respected and incorporated into care plans. Inspired Living’s personalized services and support cater to the unique needs of each resident.
• Social and recreational opportunities. Inspired Living offers a wide range of social, educational and recreational activities to promote mental, emotional and physical well-being. Options include cultural events, art classes, exercise programs and outings to attractions.
• Staff training and support. With the growing complexity of residents’ needs, Inspired Living has invested in comprehensive training and professional development programs to ensure that caregivers provide high-quality care.
• Collaboration with healthcare providers. Inspired Living has partnered with health care providers to ensure residents’ seamless access to medical care. This effort includes coordinating care plans, sharing electronic health records and offering on-site medical services.
• Specialized care. Inspired Living offers tailored care programs and dedicated memory care units to meet the growing need for specialized services for individuals with dementia or Alzheimer's disease.